Mobile Application Testing
Mobile Application Testing is a process by which a developed application of a mobile device is tested for its functionality, Consistency, Usability.
Types of Mobile Application Testing
1. Functional Testing
The Functional testing of mobile app normally consists in the area of user interactions as well as transactions. Functional testing includes :-
- Validation of required mandatory fields.
- Validation of application allows social network options such as sharing, posting, & navigation.
- To Validate whether the application works as per as requirement whenever the application starts/stops.
- To validate whether the phone is able to store, process and receive SMS whenever the app is running.
- To validate that the application supports any payment gateway transaction such as Visa, Mastercard, Paypal etc as required by the application.
- To validate whether the application performs according to the requirement in all versions of Mobile that is 2g, 3g and 4g.
2. Performance Testing
- Validate whether the response time of the application is as per as the requirements.
- Validate application performance when network is changed to WIFI from 2G/3G or vice versa.
- Validate the network performance while moving around with the device.
3. Usability Testing
The fundamental objective is to ensure that that the mobile app is easy to use and provides a satisfactory user experience to the customers.
Usability testing Includes:
- To ensure that the buttons should have the required size and be suitable to big fingers.
- To ensure that the icons are natural and consistent with the application.
- To ensure that the validation for the tapping zoom-in and zoom-out facilities should be enabled.
- To ensure that the application items are always synchronized according to the user actions.
- Usability testing is normally performed by manual users since only human beings can understand the sensibility and comfort ability of the other users.
4. Compatibility Testing
Compatibility testing on mobile devices is performed to ensure that since mobile devices have different size, resolution, screen, version and hardware so the application should be tested across all the devices to ensure that the application works as desired.
- To Validate that the application must be compatible with different OS versions.
- To ensure that the developed application should be responsive across different screen resolutions.
Cryptex Technologies take a special care of all these as well as very religiously follows Functional Testing, Performance Testing, Usability Testing and Compatibility Testing.