Discover the 5 Reasons to Adopt Ruby on Rails
A productive framework has changed the rules of web development.
Ruby on Rails is a framework innovation: it contains all the ingredients necessary to quickly build a web application performance. It is a tool designed in the spirit of agile development to deliver productivity and flexibility for development teams.
Based on the Ruby development language, it has revolutionized the world of web development through its pragmatic approach.
Ruby on Rails' philosophy is summarized by two principles:
• "Never again" and it saves time, concentration and reduces code size.
• "Convention over configuration": it is better to use the conventions that wasting time to configure.
The advantages of Ruby on Rails:
1 - Develop faster
• Ruby on Rails is a compact language provided a clear and concise syntax: it produces less code than its competitors.
• Less code to produce, so it's less time to code, less error-prone, less code to maintain.
• Integrated tools for automating repetitive tasks: creating a form, management of database error handling...
• Developments are simpler because the code is lightweight and easily readable, the closest possible human syntax.
2 - Gain productivity
Everything has been designed to minimize the development part of a project and maximize the part creativity and originality of the project. Developers focus on design rather than reinventing the wheel with each new project. They are gaining more productivity by eliminating repetitive tasks and find the pleasure of coding.
3 - Check the code quality
Ruby on Rails has a test framework built checking code quality. With each new code change, it is verified and validated. Errors are reported as and when the programming and can be quickly corrected. This ensures high code quality.
4 - Create interactive interfaces
5 - Structuring the development
Ruby on Rails is based on the design template "Model-View-Controller" that separates the application from the data, presentation and treatment. This requires the programmer to better structure the application and code in a logical and coherent. This encourages a higher level of abstraction in programming the application, thanks to high-level functions to focus on features rather than on the details.