Blackboard Integration in Canvas LMS
Canvas is a cloud-based Learning Management System that makes teaching and learning easier. Many tools are integrated in Canvas, so it can be used online, on mobile and on tablet. One of the interesting tool is Blackboard Collaborate.
Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing is an LTI-compliant LMS, such as Canvas, BrainHoney and Sakai. Instructors create and manage Blackboard Collaborate sessions and recordings from inside the LMS of their choice.
Blackboard Collaborate perfectly complements Blackboard Learn creating a comprehensive digital learning environment. For students and teachers, synchronous learning is a rich part of their learning experience and is seamlessly available through Blackboard Learn and Bb Student.
For blackboard integration in LMS, Contact Blackboard for account registration and to retrieve a key, secret and URL.
Instruction to Set-up in Canvas LMS
These instructions describing how to setup Blackboard Collaborate LTI tool in your Canvas Course, where LTI stands for Learning Tools Interoperability.
- From your course home page in Canvas click on Settings.
- Click on the Apps tab and then View App Configurations.
- Click on Add New App(the button may just say Add App in some versions of Canvas).
- A pop form will appear, select Configuration Type as By URL , the Name can be set to any non-blank value.
- You will need to contact your Blackboard account administrative to get the "Launch URL", "Shared Secret" and "Consumer Key". Checked the "Show in Course Navigation" button so it will appear in Course Navigation.
- Click Submit.
Now you will able to see Blackboard Collaborate in Course Navigation and you can create sessions and recordings.